5 Reasons to take up Magic as a hobby
Written By Sacha Johnstone − 12/10/2023
1) Learning magic helps to build confidence. A magician needs an audience, and with every trick you perform to your friends and family members your confidence will grow and grow!
2) Performing magic will also help you to develop your presentation and communication skills which will serve you well in all areas of your life.
3) If you can entertain a crowd of people, you can instantly become the life and soul of any party or social gathering. Magic serves as the perfect icebreaker when you meet someone for the first time and will ensure that you always leave a positive first impression.
4) Magic is a universal language and can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of where you come from. If you meet someone that does not speak the same language as you, showing them a magic trick will help you to build an instant connection without even saying a word!
5) As magicians, our job is to transport our audience to a place where nothing is impossible. Magic can help to create a moment of pure wonderment, during which all of life’s stresses and strains seem to float away. Ultimately, we get to make people smile, and it really does not get much better than that.
If you are looking for something quick and easy to learn that will help you to look and feel like a professional magician, then why not download our FREE Marvin’s Magic app? You can then enrol in our Marvin’s Magic academy and learn a brand new magic trick every single week. Just remember, fellow magicians must agree never to reveal the secrets!